We are seeing patients under guidance according to Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-24.2.
You will notice a few changes in our office during your visit. Click here for a video of the changes that we have incorporated.
- Entry is by appointment only. Our door is otherwise locked in order to limit the volume of people in the office.
- We have reduced our hours, seating, and increased spacing of appointments between exams to reduce the total density of people to keep you and our BVS team as safe as possible.
- BVS team members will continue to wear face masks at all times, and have been thoroughly trained on proper face mask donning, doffing, and proper reuse of masks if necessary. Frequent and proper hand washing will continue.
- Thorough disinfection with products in accordance with EPA’s List N of Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 continues to be performed on all touch points.
- Face shields will be used by some of our personnel, including doctors, and our optical team where social distancing is much closer than 6 feet.
- Plexiglass barriers have been added to high volume areas such as the front desk, as well as certain examination instruments.
- MERV13 filters are now being used in our office ventilation system per ASHRAE recommendations. Additionally, HEPA air purifiers have been added in all clinical rooms.
- You will be pre-screened by email 1-day prior to your eye examination appointment. Upon arrival, we will take your temperature with a non-contact, sterilized forehead thermometer, and directed to properly wash your hands upon entry to the office. We require you to wear a face mask at all times upon entry. If you do not have a face mask, we will supply you with one at no cost.
- All spectacle frames on display are sanitized with a Fusion-UV Germicidal Disinfection System between each use.
- Glasses, and optical services:
- ENTRY IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please click here to make an appointment to select or pick up your new glasses, repairs, and adjustments
- If you prefer, we will mail the glasses to you. There is a fee of $6.99 for postage.
- Contact lenses:
- We recommend subscribing to our easy to manage contact lens reordering resource by clicking here.
- For expiring contact lens prescriptions: we are extending all contact lens prescriptions on a case by case basis. Please contact us by clicking here for inquiries regarding this.
- Click here for information regarding contact lens wear during the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic
- Expiring vision insurance benefits: If your vision benefits are expiring soon, please contact your vision insurance company to determine if you can get an extension. Insurance companies are working on COVID-19 contingency plans and will make determinations on a case by case basis at this time.